once more for the ages
[html]

cake i r slow. >< Sorry. Been working 10-12 hour days over Easter. Also, that is awesome, but I kind of got the feeling when I tried to convince her that she'd just give up after a few weeks anyway. XD

cakeThe instinct spoke to him in a strange language under the darkening sky. As he walked, he listened. Listlessly, his thumb traced a path back and forth over the ridge of the dead cat's eyebrow. The skull was clean. It had sat there all winter. These thoughts came and went as he felt the echo within him. He waited as he moved until the silence he existed in was broken quite suddenly; he felt no threat in the air and therefore didn't bother looking until the words reached him, and he smiled in a genial fashion at the abrasive young woman who had queried him on things, like the cat, that had died long ago.

cakeThe second comment he ignored. He had touched in the past (and would again in the future) much worse things than the bleached bones of his hellbound enemies. The first he answered, politely as he would have had she been anyone else; Bane had had the traditions and beliefs of an ancient society beaten into him, and knew how to treat a lady the way she deserved, regardless of whether or not she deserved the title. However, it was a sign (albeit, to one unfamiliar with strange customs, a virtually unnoticeable one) of his discontent with her company that he continued to walk as he spoke. "Jaded Shadows, my lady, no longer exists. Nor does Storm, nor Clouded Tears, nor any of the old world packs. In fact, it's been a good year now, so I hear." His voice, as usual, was a calm and quiet baritone that carried in the air, like his thoughts tended to. He wondered who she was, but only for the sake of curiosity.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread