Without you, I would be nothing
[html]
ooc - 500+ words

Tokyo's body language shouted her relief when the dark warrior removed the weapon and took the gift. Good. Things were going well, and she probably wasn't going to die. She might even end up making this her home - this female seemed far more competent and worthy of being a pack-mate than that idiot on the edges of Phoenix Valley. She paused to arrange her thoughts and had just opened her mouth to speak when that idiotic puppy burst out from the bushes. Tokyo was honestly surprised it was capable of tracking her even the short distance she had gone; all the puppies she'd encountered had been so dumb.

He was yelling a lot, and at the first hit Tokyo flinched re-actively before realizing that he was too young for it to actually hurt. She waited until he was done screaming; he spoke in a puppy-slur, and said a lot of things that didn't really make much sense to the silky femme. The gist of it appeared to be, though, was that he was accusing her of stealing his rabbit. What nonsense. She was careful to let her expression of surprise to slide only into pity and confusion, and not the distaste that she was really feeling. Tokyo shook her head, deciding to respond to the child's words before the adult's - the new situation seemed more imminently threatening, now that weapon wasn't held to throat.

"Poor puppy is just confused, I think. I was just outside the territory" - she was careful to stress that she wasn't hunting on Dahlia's lands - "when the little boy seemed to have startled a rabbit into my path. It had such a lead on him there was no way he could have caught up to it so I killed it." She pointed to the place where she had taken a bite. "I felt bad for him so I let him have a taste, but he was furious when I wouldn't let him have more." Tokyo, for all her failed attempts and manipulating others, was an amazing liar. She had no guilt, not even a thought that she'd be caught in the act - there was no anxious eye-gaze avoidance, no shifting from foot to foot. It helped, too, that she almost completely believed what she said. Sure, right now she knew it wasn't truth, but in a week or two she'd likely remember it the way she told it. Why not? The story made her seem more innocent than she was, but she deserved special treatment, even if not everyone realized this right off the bat.

Lying calmed her, oddly. It was much easier to fabricate stories that made her look like the good guy; telling the truth was dangerous, and meant if you were judged poorly based on it you were really in the wrong. Being chastised for a lie wasn't personal, and you learned from it, did better next time. All nervousness had evaporated from her; she was one hundred percent pure respect and repose. "My name is Tokyo Chance; I was born to a pack in these parts, Jaded Shadows, years back, but have been absent for some time. I only crossed the borders to make sure this rabbit which ran out from your land comes back to the wolves who reside there. How does one prove oneself to Dahlia de Mai?" </style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread