what have you got to lose
[html]

Words: 300+

When the slim pup did not immediately squall for help, Coli relaxed a bit. She was not in imminent danger, then, if the girl was willing to talk. Perhaps she didn't really understand the rules of the pack, then - luckily for her. The werewolf smoothed her palms against her fur, blew the silky bangs from her eyes, tried to appear more mature and presentable. Still, it was easier for her to talk on the puppy's level, so she squatted down on the rough sands, meeting the little coyote-mix face to face. "I'm really not doing anything. I was just going for a walk, that's all. It's kind of like exploring," she adjusted, seeing how riled up the little Lykoi was becoming. She was a scrappy thing, then, a fearless explorer. What would she look like as a grown-up? Coli always let her mind wander, wishing for children of her own. Now that she was safe for the time being, her daydreams were already swooping back in to whisk her thoughts away from the present...

The colourful little hybrid must be really lonely, if she was that willing to play with a grown wolf. Coli smiled despite herself; maybe she shouldn't stay long, but she did love children, and besides, she was lonely too. "Of course I'll help you! My name's Colibri. That means 'hummingbird'. What's yours?" True to her word, Coli began rummaging through the thick strands of kelp stranded on the beach, blue eyes alight with curiosity. She had never spent much time around oceans - forests felt more like home - but there were interesting things hidden in the rubbery plants. "What kind of stuff are you looking for, exactly? We could find pretty purple shells to match your eyes," she offered, holding up a broken shard of wampum. It wasn't the exact shade of thistle-violet, but it was a nice hue.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread