what have you got to lose
Zana looked up from between poking her nose around in the seaweed beds when her new friend spoke of names again and meanings. She furrowed her brows slightly as she frowned when she spoke of a mother's love. Zana couldn't help it but she'd never really understood how everyone seemed to think that mother's were so loving and kind.. all she could remember were snarls and growls coming from the monster that everyone seemed to claim was her mother. She glanced down at her paws and murmured lowly. "My mother didn't want me.." little did Zana know that her mother had died trying to get her back from the mists of the clan that was now her home. She ran her little nails deep in the sands as she tried to forget about the horrible memories of dear old mum.

She glanced up though when Colibri had begun to dump out the contents of her bag. Her eyes glancing from one item to the next as her tail beat softly in the sands. She had really gathered quite a bit of items already and one day she would be able to use them all against the horrible leader of the seagulls. She had expected Coli to be happy with what she'd collected but instead she saw a look of worry cross the other woman's maw. When Coli asked about the seagulls Zana nodded and glanced up. "Them, they're bad.. really nasty to me.." She glared up at the stupid birds that were lazily watching them from above as she shook her head. She really did hate those evil creatures.

She thought that Coli was done with odd comments and questions but yet they just never ended. Zana frowned at what she'd been asked but she didn't really know how to respond. "Ly gave me this.. and Siobhan gave me that!" she said as she pointed first to the pea shooter and then to the small slingshot. She glanced back up at Coli as she stated simply as though anyone could figure it out. "The seagulls pick on me.. because I'm so small.." She sniffled a little as she thought about the truth. "I hate being small.." she said softly as a little tear ran down her nose.

Messages In This Thread