It's that time of the month
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... /raven.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; border:1px solid black;">
Word Count: 375

The boy's attitude did not loosen, but at least now he spoke. However, his words did absolutely nothing to soothe the anger of the tribe leader. What, if he had no sense of humor? What about his own clear lacking in respect and some common sense? Dawali had plenty of humor, anyone who knew him knew this, and it wasn't as if he regularly had trouble with children, either. This one, though... Dawali felt tension gripping him tightly, for what was he to do? Yell at the boy? Threaten him? He could not do either. He could not find it in himself to override his own feeling of pride, to sink as low as to yell at a child which is not his own, even though he deserved it. And he had little to threaten the boy with, as Attila knew very well that Dawali would never throw him out of the tribe or anything like that. He could threaten him about his mother, though. And to clean the stables. Yes, a fitting task for an unruly child - a little taste of what it feels like to work hard with nothing but more crap coming at you.

His stance changed, and went from dominating and furious to simply dominating. Nevertheless the boy would still have to be sensible someday, if he wished to have some respect from the others at all. I have plenty of humor, Attila, but I do not find it funny to go face down in the dirt. Now, perhaps you should apologize? He'd give the boy a chance, but he might punish him anyway. After all, someone had to make sure this one gained some character. Nothing made someone into a man better than a good reprimand by his mother, and perhaps some dirty work. Dawali didn't mean to be cruel, but he firmly believed in discipline - though not violence. And it was in fact this part of him, the pacifist in him, that Attila had given a firm kick, because Dawali did not believe in being rough with others at all. It upset him that such a small child could be oblivious to that fact - most of the tribe's members would know that about him rather quickly.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread