what will be, will be
[html]

Eyes widened at the hybrid and the Rosea stood there, dumbly, blindsided. She had known that Iskata has stepped down after an accident, that Jefferson had taken the reigns and DaVinci had rose up as a leader as well, but in the past months she had not been keeping tabs on Phoenix Valley or any other pack as she should. She had spoken to Iskata in February, alive but blind, and Cercelee hadn’t thought much worse could happen to the old women. Now she was caught red handed so to speak, unmasked as an ineffectual or perhaps just lazy leader. Yet it was neither of those, only that life had been too hectic in Dahlia de Mai for her to concern herself too much with the outside world. It was a poor excuse and one hard to voice, the Rosea lowered her head a notch and smiled sadly at her cousin. “I’m sorry, I’ve missed much of other’s lives these past few months.”

Slowly she exhaled, letting again, as she did so often, the thoughts bombarded her. Almost without thinking she spoke, though as ever her tone was even and controlled, purposeful. “I have children now, not mine really. Their mother is a cousin of ours and she left them for me. Five of them.” Cercelee couldn’t dwell on Iskata, and she was sure that Jefferson having proper notice and time to mourn the founder of his pack had done so in his own fashion. “I’ve also lost a number of members, though some of them I banished. Firefly, DaVinci’s sister. I kicked her out. Have you ever made anyone leave Phoenix Valley Jefferson?” Cercelee tilted her head, eyes thoughtful at the male. They two had something in common, leadership, but Cercelee couldn’t say if any of the other leaders felt the stress of the job the way she did. She was curious to know.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread