how does it feel, to be without a home
[html]

At the mention of Ruri his bi-colored ears pricked up. The one arm, the similar ears, the apparent love of rum. This must have been her friend that she had been separated from when their ship sank. "You're Jac? She mentioned me? Yeah, yeah I'm a friend." Suddenly he felt tongue-tied. This man was a king. True, he didn't look much like one, but he knew Ruri hadn't been pulling his leg when she told him that. "You're a...a king?" Even though he knew the answer, he couldn't help but ask it. It was like some part of his childhood dreams were coming true. Haven was no knighthood material, but even knowing there were still kings out there was something.

The youth stood up, dusting himself off. "It's this way," he said, motioning for the man to follow. "I...don't want to be a burden and put my issues on anyone else. Besides, I think Ruri's the only one there that likes me..." That red girl sure didn't, though he couldn't say why. He didn't much care for her attitude either. Firefly had seemed nice at first, but he wasn't so sure if she cared to have him around anymore. "Also I...just left my pack. My father he...did awful things to my mother. She has enough to worry about, running the pack, without having to see her son who looks just like the man who hurt her." There were other reasons too, but that was one of the main ones. He hadn't even been able to face Nani to tell her he was leaving.

It didn't take long for them to reach the bar. Spending a month here had made the boy quite familiar with the streets of Halifax. "Here it is." He pushed open the door and held it for Jacquez. "Oh, and I'm Haven."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread