how does it feel, to be without a home
[html]

He watched as Jac fiddled with a bottle, trying to open it by himself. Haven wanted to offer to help, but knew that would only insult the man's pride and that was the last thing he wanted right now. "About kings and queens. Brave knights and beautiful ladies. My mom told me those stories when I was little. They were my favorite. I uh, used to pretend to be a knight..." Gods, should he have said that? He probably just seemed foolish and desperate now. What he would have given for his old confidence and charisma to return to him right now. "No. I'm done hiding." With those words a type of steel formed in his voice. He wouldn't drown his sorrows in the dark, not anymore. "I just don't know where to go. What I should do."

Haven had not been expecting the man to throw the bottle at the wall and he shielded his face from the crash of glass and liquor. At the king's hearty laugh a small, crooked smile formed his lips though. He wiped the ale from his arms and face as Jacquez took a seat on one of the bar stools. At his words, something stirred in his heart, something that had been still for a long while. Haven wasn't a fighter, or at least wasn't trained in such things, but he had always defended his sister. He probably would have defended any woman that was in danger, it was just in his nature. "I...I could try," he said, looking at the hybrid man. "I'm not trained in combat, but I could learn. I always protected my sister back at home. I wouldn't let any outsider harm any of your court." He has his disliking of the scarred red girl, but that didn't mean he would stand by as she was attacked.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread