old disasters new catastrophes
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... etable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:409px; border:1px #00FFF6 solid; font-size: 11px;">
ooc -
Kk. ^^. Sorry for being slow compared to yer speedy replies, I'm making this a priority thread but it's almost finals week so all my replies are being a few days slower. 534 words.

ic -
Princess flinched at Tokyo's initial touch, and the mother couldn't help but wonder what she'd gotten into exactly since running away. Because her flinching must be a result of painful experiences with touching since she left...It couldn't be because of Tokyo's own actions, she'd never hurt so much as a hair on her daughter's head. So she assumed someone must have hurt her, and indignation rose strong and sour in the back of her mouth - who dared to hurt her daughter, her Princess. But before she could broach the issue or even find the words to bring it up, the young girl muttered something into her fur.

Perking her ears, she heard the questions that she had forever hoped she would never have to answer. That was the problem with caring about people - they held you accountable for your actions, and it mattered. You had to answer them upfront. She couldn't just spin a lie about how 'oh no, you must have heard wrong, I would never have done such a thing!' Not to a witness of the crime. Tokyo could still.. make up an elaborate story that exonerated her from all guilt. Maybe. This was an extended, long-going situation; simple snapshots of violence, bad-temper, and thievery caught by strangers were so much easier to write off to circumstance.

She was tired, and as easy and habitual as it was for her to concoct fabulous lies, there was nothing springing to mind and tongue. So she did what she usually didn't, and spoke something actually resembling a censored version of the truth. She spoke wearily, turning her head away from Princess so she didn't have to stare down the weight of her past.

"Your father was a bad wolf. He hurt me, and it was cause of him that I lost Champ - this wolf I loved very dearly, who was my best friend in all of the world. But Champ got very upset that I was having puppies, and he left me because of you guys. I was very mad and very lonely one night, and I thought maybe if you went away Champ would come back. It was wrong of me."

She even took some blame onto herself - this was something, after all, she felt she had done wrong. They existed, if few and far between. The difference between Tokyo and most wolves, though, was that she carried very little guilt on her person. She did something wrong, yes. But worrying about it, dreaming about it wouldn't change it, so why bother dwelling? Occasionally old ghosts would spring up, but far less than one might suspect for someone with her particular array of crimes. It was a lot to say at once, so she didn't touch on the question of Buttface yet; maybe it would be too much to swallow for Princess to return to that latter question, but it was unlikely. The problem of her son seemed very much simpler to deal with anyway; after Princess understood the situation the puppies had been born into, she would see clearly why Buttface had been a terrible kid. He was a tiny, furry, handy version of Raphael for Tokyo to lash out at.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread