old disasters new catastrophes
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... etable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:409px; border:1px #00FFF6 solid; font-size: 11px;">
ooc -
ah yeah graduation practices suck >_>; 501 words

ic -
Tokyo was hurt, at first, about Princess not wanting to love her. Was she really that mad at her mother for her actions? Why did it matter so much? Tokyo had admitted she had done wrong. She had raised the two surviving puppies. What else could she have done? It wasn't fair for her daughter to treat her like that. She deserved love unhindered by whatever reservations the little girl had. She was hurt, at least, until she rationalized it. The important thing to latch onto was that Princess did love her. And actually, the fact that she still loved Tokyo despite her own wishes showed just how deeply ingrained the affection must be. So instead of anger, she felt pity. A pity that her son had wrecked such havoc with the girl, had made her believe she shouldn't love her own mother. Tokyo's hearing was as selective as she wanted it to be. All that she decided was worth digesting from Princess' final statement was that she loved her, reaffirming the mother's conviction that it was actually impossible for her not to.

"You love me because you know I'm right." Tokyo said simply. "Your brother looked exactly like your father. A miniature replica of Raphael. He was going to end up just like him, if he wasn't taught to be respectful. I did what I had to do." Although now that her past had caught up with her, she did regret her choice of name. Not out of any actual guilt for the destruction of a child's self-esteem, but mostly because it was sort of awkward and embarrassing to explain away. And now that Princess was here.. Tokyo shifted uncomfortably. As great as it was for her daughter to come back, she felt a brief momentary pang that the action had happened. She was settling in so comfortably. There were some genuinely nice people in this pack, wolves that she actually even got along with.

"And you're living proof that I was right. You're exactly like the grandmother you take after. Remember all the great stories I've told you about Ophelia?" Tokyo said softly, aching to close the distance between them but not wanting to see her daughter back away again. The silence hung heavy, and the older female broke it carefully with a warning. "You can't tell anyone about this. Not about Buttface. Not about your other siblings. They won't understand the situation. They don't know us. This is family business. If you tell anyone, I will probably be chased out of this pack. Maybe even killed. They have a different sort of culture, here. You don't want that on your conscience, do you? The death of your mother?" She wasn't entirely sure of the accuracy of her threat, but what Tokyo was sure of was that she did not want word leaking out. And the best way to guarantee that her daughter would not speak was to impress upon Princess the severity of the situation, fabricated embellishments or not.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread