thread title missing
[html]

OoC: I said night was falling - is that correct? :O I can edit it to another time if I messed up!

The day had been long and harrowing for all of them. If not for the silver wolf's medical expertise and lucky proximity, Svara would have died from the mauling she received, no doubt about it. When she got her wits about her, Jacquez had a lot of questions he wanted answers to. For now, she could rest with her Leroy at her side. The collie-hybrid leaned against the wall, dark eyes pensive. He was all too familiar with gang violence, turf wars, racism, the like. He had left a harsh world, and it appeared he had crash-landed right back into the same mess, only this time with less friendly faces on his side. He had left his guard down too long - he needed a real kingdom, with shelters, defenders, and perhaps a nice barricade at the borders. The wreckage of his ship kept washing on shore, bit by bit. They could put the weathered planks to one last task, a fence to keep marauders occupied until the men put them in their place.

Jac's folded ears perked upright at the close sound of Firefly's howl, a melodic cry to draw them together. Without wolf blood in his makeup, his own howl was much more distinct and far less sing-songy than his lupine companions'. The lean canine peered through the open doorway, dark eyes adjusting to the shadowy outdoors. The sun was setting. Night would draw them closer. "Petite soleil, do not languish by your lonesome... You know I'm in here," he called softly, light accent colouring his words as he used his pet name. He was still curious as to why the wild and wayward Firefly had taken a mate - he still knew naught of her children! - but he would rather focus on building a band of loyal mongrels before delving into her sordid past. For now, they needed the protection that numbers could give them. He beckoned her inside with one pale-white finger, knowing that the stress had worn them all down.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread