thread title missing
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... 5/ruri.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Still waters run deep

Ruri listened to Jacquez's speech with quiet admiration. He certainly knew how to say the right thing for the occasion...most of the time that is. The blind girl had followed everyone inside, thankful that she was back with the group once more. For almost her entire life, Jac had been the only real family she had, but now she had a pack to be a part of. This one would not throw her away simply because of her blindness. No, in fact they embraced her even with her disability. The delicate girl thought long and hard about the name that Jac had just bestowed upon their pack. Cour des Miracles...again the king had worked wonders with his words. She heard everyone else speak, even Svara, who seemed to sum up what Ruri was sure they were all feeling in just a few simple words. Still, the ivory and merle border collie thought she too should give her assent...if at least to simply restate her loyalty to their cause. "My family has grown recently, from just me and Jac...to all of you guys," she paused, her impaired eyes wandering arouna the room in the general direction of all the individuals she knew were in the room. She could hear them, so she knew sort of where they were, "I'll do what I can to help Cour des Miracles succeed." She smiled, in timid sincerity. She didn't know what she'd be able to do...except help keep their king in line like she'd always done, but that wouldn't stop her from trying.

Being in a pack meant that she now had a responsibility to everyone in her little family. Perhaps that responsibility was to simply be a supportive member of the pack, which would not be a difficult task for the sensitive female. For now she did not know. One thing was certain, though, and that was that the pack would have to protect each other to keep evil creatures like the vile beast that attacked Svara away from each other. That was their duty to one another. So, with a resolute smile on her face, Ruri took her place, leaning against the wall of the small room, eagerly listening for what the others would have to say.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread