There's an emptiness inside her
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... syblue.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Req and I agreed that Brooklyn would be hurt a bit by Corvus, so she hasn't slept with him, but Naniko can certainly smell him on her <3 300+

Brooklyn didn't understand why her mother was telling her all this. The family had always been restricted to Naniko and Anu and the four puppies, a lovely little nest that needed no one else, that had never accepted anyone else until forces broke it apart. They were so different, too, all of them, with only Brooklyn sharing her mother's white coat and apparently her grandmother's eyes. Trickery. The name did not bode well for the girl, but since she would probably never meet that side of the family, it was safe to assume things would be okay. The girl couldn't understand why her mother was being so chatty, but it was nice to spend time with her. Anything better than the Darkness.

She wondered if things would ever look up for her. Haven's friend she did not know, at all, had never even considered the possibility. Her encounter with the monster had frightened her, for all that she did not want to admit it. She was having nightmares, where his eyes followed her every move and his voice told her what to do. In her dreams, she could see herself following him down the path he wanted her to take, blindly walking into his arms every night and giving herself up to his power. It made her wake in a shiver, trembling, taking away whatever rest she could get. Brooklyn did not want things to be that way at all. But she couldn't tell Naniko, either. Talking about her brother seemed like the safer options. "Crimson Dreams stopped them from living, Momma? I still live here. Mati does too. Does that mean we're not living? Should I go and live with some other pack instead of here with you because otherwise I am not living?" Brooklyn needed someone to counsel her, someone to tell her what was right and what was wrong. She needed her mother.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread