There's an emptiness inside her
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... syblue.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
I apologise for the delay!

Brooklyn listened patiently to everything her mother had to say to her. There was much she could still learn, much that she had to take from her mother. Perhaps Haven and Salem felt themselves adult enough to do without the teachings of the pack, but she herself could not really see how she could leave Crimson Dreams. It was her home, pure and simple. "And you, Momma? When you were like me and Mati, did you stay with your pack and parents? Where are they now, Momma?" She'd never really asked that, but if her mother had brought up the image of her grandmother, Brooklyn's curiosity was piqued. She simply needed to know more. Her tail wagged a little when her mother expressed her gratitude. "I'm glad I stayed too, Momma, and Haven isn't that far away, he'll come back, I'm sure. Salem... Salem will be okay too, won't he?"

Fear crept into the girl's heart. The wolf who had hurt her, who had managed to frighten her so much. She took one step back, clutching the edges of her coat and shifting awkwardly. "Oh... just... nowhere important, you know. I... I wanted to go and explore a bit longer, just see what kind of packs are out there, you know?" It was obvious that there was more Brooklyn didn't want to tell. But how could she bring up the Darkness incarnate, as he had called himself? She wondered if her mother would press for details or just leave it. Neither option gave her much hope, but Brooklyn need just a few little nudges to spill everything.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread