From here they can't see me stare
[html]

Sorry again for the wait! 400+

Their lives were so similar, in small ways. She was looking for her brother, had had someone abandon her recently and her father was a largely dark figure, never mentioned and never cared about. He had been a little strange to understand, the way the pack didn't mention him, didn't even acknowledge the need for a father. Brooklyn smiled again, her eyes lighting up with amusement. She seemed to get along with him so easily, it took nothing at all to talk of such personal things. "Was it a good thing to find this person? You seem to have found your place here with the coyotes. What about your siblings?" He interested her, she found him so sweet, from his unusual height and markings to the accent that wound itself among his words.

So, her question had answered itself. Brooklyn thought she heard a note of sadness in his voice and she wondered once more if seeking Haven would make her happy or just destroy their relationship. Would she go home satisfied to know he was happy, or would she blame herself for not trying hard enough to keep him by her side? "I don't know if I miss my dad. I never met him, so I don't know if I should hate him for leaving or just pity him for missing out on my life. Do you hate your dad?" The white girl wanted to make things right for Gael too. She wasn't sure why exactly, other than her need to save others before herself.

"Come to Crimson Dreams with me." The words were out before she could properly think things through. Her hand reached up to touch his cheek, her fingers slowly stroking the soft fur. Why would he let himself be pushed around this way? Why accept things so serenely? He would be liked back home, they would like his demeanour and his strength could be a plus. "I... I never want to see someone get hurt. They don't like you because they think you're more wolf than coyote? Leave them! What do they offer you that others don't?" Brooklyn was being foolish, letting her feeling of pity and the way his smile made her stomach do somersaults overrule her rational views. But how couldn't she? How could she ignore his beautiful eyes and gentle words? "Whatever they offer you, I can double it." Bargaining. Like over meat or cloth, not someone's entire life.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread