burning down bridges
[html]

mall-caps;">Out of Character
    Hayyy. I think my official date of acceptance was June 9th, but I've never really kept strict timelines anyway, so I don't really care, so it's up to you whether you wanna update this with a new date or not. :3 Oh, and I totally don't know if the bay is saltwater or not?! D:

mall-caps;">In Character
    The coyote hybrid had smelled the distinct scent of the coast on her walk with Gabriel, and upon their separation, she had almost immediately set off to find it, following the distinctly salty smell. Before long, the dirt beneath her feet became grainy and mixed with sand, and then became pure sand, albeit thicker and with larger grains than the previous coast Inferni had claimed. The sun was setting and the shadows were growing long, but the coyote could clearly see the beach in front of her.

A strange smell wafted over to her crow-colored nose, and she inhaled deeply. It smelled familiar, and it reminded her distinctly of the Syemv pirates who had settled so precariously close to Inferni's former territory what seemed like eons ago. The hybrid continued forward, the heavy smell of salt and sea overwhelmed by the smell of cooking flesh momentarily. The breeze came by, and wrested the smell from her, replacing it with the ocean's breath.

Kaena's mismatched ears clearly heard the crash of the ocean, and as she broke through the tall grass along the edge of the beach, she finally saw it. This coast was vastly different from the previous one—she could clearly see to the other side of Inferni's bay, and if she so desired it would be a brief swim. The water lapped softly at the shore instead of crashing hard against it, and this ocean seemed entirely different from the one she was used to on the Hell's Coast. It was altogether more peaceful, and Kaena decided immediately she liked this one just as well, starting forward into the water. Just as she was in up to her ankles, a flame caught her eye, and she peered into the darkness, breaking into a jog as she headed closer to the source. As she drew closer, that same scent of cooking flesh grew steadily stronger, and she realized the flame must be the source of that as well. Her belly growled with hunger, and she immediately wondered if her clanmate would be willing to share. She would not ask; she was far too proud for that.

It was a young coyote of Inferni, no doubt—his coat was a tawny, dull gold. Like Zana, there was something oddly familiar about this yearling. Was this another ghost of the Lykoi line, one of her direct descendents she had not yet met? Perhaps it was one of the ones Gabriel told her about. "Hello," she said, softly and while she was still at a distance. It would not do to startle her new clanmate. She slowed her approach but did not stop, slinking closer to the flames.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread