burning down bridges
Enigma had brought his knees up to his chest as the troubles filled his mind as his own grandmother, a woman he knew nothing of but legends and stories from a man he wasn't sure he could trust anymore. Enigma tried to act like he was tough as nails but really he was just a child still, learning that his hero was nothing more than a liar and a cheat. It was as though his world had come crashing down on him and he had to figure out how to start anew. The charred bit of wood that he had been playing with traced symbols in the sands, the Lykoi star over and over and the fire that was the clan as he fought against the anger that built up inside him.

Finally it had come to a boil as he cast the stick aside and spat. "I hate him! I hate him!" the bitterness rough in his voice as his words rolled on. "He build up this clan and this world like we belonged here, like we would be welcomed with open arms.. and it was all a lie!" It hasn't all been a lie, not really, but the young male had not expected the slap to the face he'd received when Gabriel had announced that his father was a traitor and they were nothing in the eyes of the clan as they were now. Enigma had no problem having to earn his place.. but with the looming truth of his father and idol overhead it made every move and every step in his life harder to bare.

His breath was harsh and ragged as he almost had missed the words that the woman had asked. His eyes lowered down to the sands and the images he'd drawn as he muttered. "Everything.. Everything but the truth." For he had known Gabriel upon sight, the description his father had given him ringing in his ears as the male had approached, the woman before him was a image that his father had etched in legend and lore.. his siblings and clan. The deeds they'd done and the stake they'd claimed in the lands of the wolves. He smiled slightly to himself as he whispered. "There wasn't a bitter word or snide comment ever.. it was always words of worship and praise.. I just don't understand.." How could he have deserved them all.. why..

Messages In This Thread