a deo et rege [aw]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... efinal.png);background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:140px; background-position: bottom center;">
Well, if nobody else replies to this by tommorow night I guess we'll archive it, eh?

Phoenix was caught a bit off-guard by Moon's joke, since he couldn't recall the last time he'd actually heard his son speak satirically. Moon had always been like him, serious and stiff around anyone who wasn't family. Phoenix had always wanted to see him come out of his shell but at the same time he could relate to his son better back when he was shy. Still, once over the shock he chuckled a bit. It was so incredibly rewarding to see the little boy he'd raised become a well-adjusted adult. he was already proud of Moon and he looked forward to seeing him become a responsible adult and someday hopefully having a mate and family, carrying on his name.

"He's a real sweat little boy," Phoenix said, smiling a bit. There was something about Glider that was disarmingly charming. Phoenix didn't pity him, but his sad backstory did make him feel for the boy. Gilder reminded him of himself somewhat, though he'd been fortunate enough to find someone to take him in before being on his own for too long. "But he keeps actin' like he's afraid we're gonna turn on him any minute. I think his original family abused him, or somethin'. I know the abandoned him, but I ain't gonna force him t'talk about it jus' yet. He needs t'learn he can trust us." Even though he'd only been around for a day, Phoenix had become quite attached to the boy and hoped he was there to stay.

Finally they arrived at the den, which sadly was empty. It was the same den he had brough Sun and Moon home to and raised them in, and now sheltered four more puppies alongside him and Iskata. he'd had to expand it a number of times since he had first excavated it. Even Moon had his own little add-on, which remained just the way he'd left it. "They're pro'lly out playin'," he said, not too worried. "They should be back b'fore too long. In th'meantime, we can have some quality father-son time. Haven't had that in a long time."
[/html]

Messages In This Thread