catch the mist, catch the myth
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... table3.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Cambria first, then Jeffy! I PPed Cambria a lot - if it's not okay, let me know. Also, you guys get my 300th!
+

Kansas felt like he'd been waiting for summer to come for so long. He hadn't any regrets for the seasons past - this year had been his best yet. But he'd been anticipating the light and warmth of the summer sun to compliment his pretty world. And today felt like summer. The midmorning sun was hot on his back, but once he'd turned onto the overgrown road toward Whisper Beach, the trees shaded him with dappled shadow. Last time he'd been to the Beach, it had been chilly and windy. While the time he'd spent there had been fun, he'd been waiting to see what the place was like during the warmer months. With her adoration of the ocean, Savina had probably been there ten times for all he knew; that girl was always off somewhere. Kansas grinned to himself.

Cambria shifted on his shoulder, burying her nose into the pale fur of his neck. He rubbed her small shoulderblades, moving a little faster. "Almost there, baby," he told his sleepy daughter. He'd meant to leave on his own, but he'd awakened to find Cambria asleep on his chest, so there was no way he could have gotten up and left without waking her up, too. Savina was in the room with Gotham and Amata, asleep. He'd left them a note and started off toward the beach with the cinnamon child in his arms.

The trees began to thin along the road, and the salty scent of the ocean alerted him that they were very close. The road ended, opening to the pale beach and the hissing water beyond. Cambria stirred, lifting her head to look over his shoulder. "Daddy..." Kansas laughed - her little bell's voice was so precious. As he stepped onto the soft sand and walked toward the ocean, the child squirmed, giggling as he tickled her ribs. "All right, I guess you can get down now," he teased. Kansas carefully put her onto the sand. He was so glad he had brought her with him. He'd needed to show her this. "What d'you think, Cam?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread