if you fight yourself hard enough you'll never win
[html]

Lmao!

He didn't realize until several minutes had passed that his drumming fingers had begun to hit the wall more violently, and the noise brought him out of his unpleasant reverie. He stopped his wildly-dancing fingers, the image of his mother's dead yet alive face fading from his mind's eye. He couldn't allow himself to think about it too much, or he had not chance of getting back to sleep until morning. And he had things to do the following day. In the spanse of quiet, he thought he heard a soft padding. His eyes strained in the distant darkness, and found the small shape of a child approaching. Oh, no. He'd awakened Amata. Frowning to himself, he shifted slightly to face her, feeling terrible for waking her up. But those startling eyes weren't exhausted - only curious.

Kansas's frown morphed into a lopsided grin. He patted his lap with one hand. "C'mere, sweetie." It was important for her to get her rest, but a few minutes with him wouldn't hurt. He rarely got to spend time with any one of his children alone, and he didn't like that. "I couldn't sleep. So I was reading a little." He laughed softly. Looking at Amata always left him feeling somewhat shocked. She was almost an exact replica of him, save for her one beautiful green eye. It amazed him that someone looked like him not by chance, but because that someone was a part of him. "Did I wake you? I'm sorry."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread