if you fight yourself hard enough you'll never win
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... table_.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Now worries, it wasn't much of a wait at all! <3
+

The effect her laughter had on him was startling. He felt warmth deep in his chest as the volume of her joyful giggles rose; it felt so wonderful to hear her laugh with such intensity. He loved how he could so simply make her happy; he was beginning to learn that most children were like that. But it was different with his own. He felt accomplished when he did something that pleased them, even if Amata's snickers and snarles were more automatic than anything else. He finally laughed himself, his lips rising over his teeth to show his fangs in jest. He was a bit concerned that their nonsense would awaken the rest of their little family (or others in the house for that matter), but figured he could deal with it if anyone appeared from their rooms to chastise them. They were having too much fun.

Her wriggling had placed her against his lean belly, and he chuckled a little more loudly himself. But the sharp pressure on his thumb made his eyes snap open more widely and he "umphed" in surprise. "Hey!" he said playfully, removing his thumb from the trap, mouthing "ow" to himself. He was very surprised by how strong her jaws were already. Amata responded to what he had said primarily by settling into the position she'd chosen before. He flipped to the first page of the book and had his lips parted to begin reading when she pinned him with another question. With a smile, the boy rolled his eyes and then looked down at her. "You're just full of them, aren't you?" he said playfully.

"I think he didn't eat the deer because he grew to love it. It would be like if I decided to eat you," he said with a poke to her soft little chest. He cringed inwardly, hoping his words didn't frighten her in some way, that she could tell he was kidding.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread