worn by time and wormholes
[html]

They should go book scavenging together in Halifax!

It really was quite spectacular how little time it had taken Kansas to find another fossil. Based on that, although the reasoning was slightly flawed, they might find a few more in the next little while. Though actually finding the fossils was truly an elevating experience, Hemming was happy to simply search and share the moment with someone else who could appreciate these wonders, even if they didn't find any more. Two glimpses into the distant past was spectacular, and though Hemming's curiosity was not quenched he was happy to slowly let the mystery unfurl with a lot of thoughtful simmering on his part. Crouching nearby, he continued to flip stones, keen eyes searching for another imprinted beast.

"I didn't really think so, either," he replied, looking up for a moment as the white wolf marked the spot where his fossil sat. His eyes strayed to the sheer hills, where there were surely more fossils hidden than what was laid out before them. Kansas enquired about a book, and Hemming felt a tinge of regret that he hadn't brought one of his books on natural history with him. Really, though, it was for the better - he had lost the few books he had brought on his trip into the Atlantic. He ceased his rock flipping. "I left my books when I came here, from far away... but they were just collected from human libraries and such around where I lived. I'm sure that Halifax has good libraries, but I've never been there."

For a moment he just stared into the air, thinking about what gold mines the libraries in a big city would be. He had lived closer to smaller towns, and they usually just had one medium-sized library. Even those were full of wonders, and perhaps the comparison of the smaller libraries to a great one in Halifax would be similar to that of the shore and the cliffs that surrounded the two wolves now.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread