Here we meet for the last time
Certainly. You know, somehow it slipped my mind that this has to be the same day as when he dies. Indeed, it is supposed to be evening, with clouds in the sky XD Atmosphere=win. Furthermore, I wrote a bit of vague powerplay here. Please feel free to fill in the blanks however you wish, or leave them nondescript. You mentioned needing to know wounds very soon, so I figured it would be okay to be a little less specific in case your other thread begins before this one ends? Also, if the last paragraph's weird, I apologize, I was trying a little something different.

The predator looked up into the dreary sky and scented the wind. Nothing of interest was coming from that direction. It lowered its massive head back down to its prey, and tore a wide strip of flesh from its body, gnashing its teeth and swallowing greedily. Symbolism, especially that of a frightful dusk or stormy sky, were utterly lost on the wolf, its mind clear of all such distractions. It was, in truth, not whole. Wolves had become something else over the years, and it had stayed behind. It was profoundly different from the female who had just emerged from the underbrush of the forest. The gray wolf's head snapped at attention as soon as she showed her face, and its lips peeled back. There was no fear this time. It could not outrun her here, and did not try. Instead, it recalled having taken her to the brink of mutual destruction before, and its hackles stood on end as it rose to four legs to do so again. She flew at him, and the battle began in earnest. A calm breeze sent ripples through their coats as the two be-weaponed bodies clashed.

Flesh at the gray wolf's nape pulled taut and tore as its foe leapt over his shoulder and snapped her teeth, pulling him over from her hold. The wind picked up, whistling hauntingly through the trees as their voices rose in anger and pain. The predator righted itself, but was beset again. Blood stained its coat in two places now. A deep, resonant growl issued forth, and it advanced rapidly, head low and jaws wide, seeking to take the black female low, and bring her down as it had before. Indeed, as it could push forward more quickly than she could push back, it did manage to overtake her and bring them both to the ground in a tangle of snapping teeth, kicking paws, slashing claws and twisting torsos. Her skill brought her away from it, though they were both bloodied.

The gray wolf did not relent, but pursued. It did not have her skill, but it did have a lot of experience now, and was as fierce as any wolf. It kept on her, fully knowing that pauses in battle aided others more than itself...the creature employed no stratagems that needed time to think up. The wind cut off abruptly as it engaged her again, fangs flashing and claws slashing, bodies crashing and the storm-clouds burgeoning above. The hollow rumble of thunder sounded through the empty city, and demanded quiet from the denizens of the forest. A civilized warrior from the woods had met a wild demon from the dead city, and to the wide landscape outside of each champion, their conflict meant nothing. Within the bounds of their arena, however, the fury of their conflict consumed all, muting storm and putting all other needs of pack and nature on hold. At this moment, everything hinged on battle, and nothing transcended that rule; no word nor symbol held meaning within the raw world of blood and carnage. For right now, they were equal in this. It held true for both of them.

Messages In This Thread