it's gonna be a bloodbath
[html]
mall-caps;">Out of Character
No sorries! I am too happy to be roleplaying with you and Gabriel again. ^_____^ <3

mall-caps;">In Character
    The coyote watched Zana retreat, surprised that she was so silent and sudden. Again, the Lykoi elder thought the youth seemed moody and unhappy; she wondered what the cause was, and added it to the growing list of questions she had for Gabriel. The pair remained quiet as they listened to Zana until she could no longer be heard, and after a long while, Gabriel finally spoke, his thoughts on the same page as her own.

The ashen hybrid was on her feet and following Gabriel without hesitation, trotting quickly to catch up to the golden Aquila. She snaked closer to him and rubbed her shoulder against his gingerly, bumping him with her muzzle at his neck once before she put space between them, matching his pace with her own as they walked. For a moment, she was distracted by what she could see of the territory—it seemed to be nothing more than empty grassland as far as she could see. There must be more, she thought, else Gabriel wouldn't have settled here. Inferni couldn't well survive on the small rodents that likely made the fields their home. She could vaguely smell the coast, and her nose lifted to the wind, inhaling the familiar scent of salt and sand.

The coyote considered for a moment, and then cracked half of a smile. "I don't know where to start," she said, shaking her head. There was another hefty pause as the coyote's eyes drifted to her paws and the ground beneath them, watching her step carefully. "I saw what happened to the old territory, so I don't have to wonder why we're here," she offered, never guessing Gabriel was the direct cause of the flames that had consumed all of their former homelands. Upon first encountering that flame-devoured beach again, the coyote had been depressed almost to the point that she was ready to give up—but that faint scent on the wind had drawn her here, to find Gabriel and Inferni alive and well.

"How have you been doing?" She supposed that was certainly the most important question she could ask—Gabriel was the only one of her children left, or so her nose told her. They had scattered to the wind again, the bonds holding them together shattering during her absence. The coyote knew it was her fault, too; without her, what would keep some of them in Inferni? Some were loyal to the clan, and others were loyal to her. Perhaps they would return, just as she had—but they might take just as long as Kaena, if not longer.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread