it's gonna be a bloodbath
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... able_2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

As she brushed against him, Gabriel’s tail gave a wag, and he mimicked her greeting by nudging her neck with his own muzzle. Even if he was still resentful about her abandonment, she was his mother; and she had come back. A long time ago Gabriel had imagined that his mother would die in Inferni, and though he could not see the future, he wondered if perhaps she had understood that as well. His eyes darted between her and the landscape around them, feet moving with the precision of one who had walked them thousands of times over.
     At the mention of the fire, his eyes went dark for a moment. What would she say if she knew he had started it? That was perhaps not as damning as slaughtering his own brother. A peculiar feeling wretched in his gut, but it was not regret—perhaps only the concern he had for what reaction that might entail from Kaena. The sound of her voice made his ears swivel and his head followed suit. Incredibly, he smiled, and let out a barking laugh of surprise. Of all the things to ask, she began with the broadest. “Oh I’m all right,” he laughed, and bumped his scarred and tattooed shoulder against her. “I’m glad your back, I’m sick of babysitting for our family.”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread