it's gonna be a bloodbath
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/temp/gabetop.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:216px; padding-left:9px; padding-right:9px; padding-bottom:9px;">

It was not his mother whom he considered a poor leader—though she had abandoned the clan several times over. He thought instead of those who had come and gone without making a mark. Those who had led Inferni as if it were a speck on the map destined to be wiped out. Kaena had never allowed that, and Gabriel had made a promise to see the clan until he was no longer fit to lead. After that, he had no doubt that the de le Poer/Lykoi family would continue to lead. They were, excluding Kidorah, the only ones fit for such a task.

This, he supposed, was due to their dual nature. They were both wolf and coyote, and as such, carried the weight and instinct to lead the oft-loner coyotes strongly. Except, of course, for their madness. Of all things, this was the singular gift and curse that had the potential to destroy them.

She spoke of the fire, and though she did not intend it, Gabriel felt cold lead sink into his gut. He knew that his mother was clever—she had to be, having survived this long. If she had picked up on what had happened so quickly though…no, it was impossible. No one, save Arkham, had any clue. “I knew of a pass through the mountains. I used it when I returned home both times. The wolves died trying to climb the cliffs, and became scattered. They are weak. They’ve always been weak. That fire did nothing more then prove it,” he affirmed. It was peculiar that despite his own wolf blood Gabriel viewed the world in such a way. This was not simple personal hatred, though. He spoke with the knowledge of a military leader, and with the same distance; as if he did not even see the wolves as sentient beings.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread