It has come to this...the child stumbles his last
Maybe another reply from you, setting up the mood, and then on my next one, Brennt will attack? At that point, I'll be sure to PM you about damage and such (this may happen tomorrow since you're a few hours ahead of me). As for the other thread, hey, it was their last battle, we both wanted it to be impressive =P

The sky had finally darkened, and nothing brighter than the drearest gray luminance could be seen through the old windows. The rain picked up, and lightning flashed. The predator lay curled into itself beneath the window, content to weather the storm within its warm, windless shelter. That was when its keen hearing picked up the sound--through the pouring rain and roaring wind, the slight sound of a howl. Thunder crashed, but the beast never doubted its senses...the idea of imagining something never crossed its mind. One of the hunters was out there, seeking him. The call was of challenge, not to summon other hunters. It had hurt the black female, but it had expected there were others nearby. It had been correct.

The blood had dried, and the gray and brown wolf had use of both of its eyes again, but it did nothing but stare at the open door, which had been blown open. Its form could not be seen so deep in the house, the darkness of the withering day was compounded manifold within the confines of the house, and if it had not been seen, it would not emerge. It had marked parts of this territory. If the trespasser wanted it, he would need to enter the beast's abode. Thunder crashed overhead, and the rain raged more heavily against the window. The wolf made no answer. If its enemy entered, it could not run, it lacked the strength to do any more of that, and had no where to run to, anyway. It would ambush, and kill. That was the easiest way, to catch the hunter unawares and crush him down to the floor, where he would tear his throat out. The beast predator had employed the tactic three times before. Even wounded as it was, it was confident this would work. It prowled to a darker corner of the room, situated near the entrance, down the hall from the door outside. If the intruder came this way, he would be silhouetted against the dim light from the window. The predator would get him, then.

Messages In This Thread