It has come to this...the child stumbles his last
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... /raven.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; border:1px solid black;">
'Tis fine :] one more thrashing about? It doesn't seem likely that Dawali is quite as smart as to figure it out already. I left it open as I felt like I'd written enough already, and I couldn't make anything work after that sentence anyway :/
Word Count: 408

Dawali's legs and maw tore and bit wildly, and the male gave a loud bark as he felt the other's teeth sink into his nape - its force unexpected for one who had never battled before. Shaking himself this way and that, he reacted by instinct - not intelligence. He had no intelligence in this field, and his contestant was superior in every way. The hold on the neck was released, but when it was the pain did not stagnate or decrease - it increased, and Dawali gave a slight whimper at it. His legs still worked tirelessly, seemingly attempting to scratch the other away, as if the massive form could be moved by the force of his stick-like legs. Red colored his already red furs, invisible in the darkness - but the heat of blood and wounds could still be felt.

The other changed his tireless attack, and while the male was oblivious to the fact that he had nearly been bitten in the throat, he noticed how his enemy seemingly leaned on him instead of pinning him down. Dawali had, then, perhaps not underestimated Brennt's weakness after all, though it certainly had seemed like it when he had come charging at him only moments ago. The sensation lasted for a split second before teeth again pierced Dawali's skin - now at the chest. The panic continued to aid the red male as pain spread throughout his body, and he bit at every accessible surface in the vicinity of his mouth, trying to find anything proper to actually bite down on. When he by a lucky streak reached with his tooth a wound he did not know existed, he was suddenly torn free of his enemy's grasp, and quickly scurried to his feet.

In the darkness he could hear their breathing - but there was not a glimmer of light to help him determine his surroundings. His senses on edge, he was uncertain what to do to gain the upper hand of the situation. Brennt reacted on primal instinct and with pure brute force - Dawali would have to be more cunning to avoid his own death. Slowly he managed to distance himself from his fear and focus on the task of surviving - taking down his opponent. A low growl could be heard from the other, and immediately Dawali threw himself in that direction, his maw open and ready to bite at the first accessible surface.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread