It has come to this...the child stumbles his last
Give me one more where Dawali opens another, and I'll finish it up after that? I went ahead and gave him one final push before he was too weak to be dramatically intimidating, I hope you don't mind?

The predator did not move, it wanted as much time to rest as possible before the battle resumed. As such, the red wolf was given the initiative, and took it, to devastating effect. The beast's jaw swung open, reflexively trying to limit access to its throat. Its throat, however, was safe: the all-important vein at its side, however, had been punctured. The wolf roared in anger, and pushed with its legs, trying to gain an angle on its enemy. When the smaller wolf finally relinquished his hold, the larger did not hesitate, but plowed into him, bowling the two of them over. Warmth was spraying over the both of them, the severed artery spewed its payload into the air with each heartbeat, and the predator began to feel the chill creeping in. Too soon, too soon! It could still kill the other.

It pushed the smaller wolf into a corner and began madly goring him with its teeth, savage noises erupted from its in-tact voice-box as blood spilled onto the floorboards, blood which now overwhelmingly belonged to the predator itself. A main line into its system had been opened, and the stuff left the predator's powerful body almost as quickly as its heart could pump it. Heedless, it plunged its fangs into its enemy, again and again, blind with range, blind in the darkness, but it had cornered him and knew he was trapped directly in front of it. Still, the cold was growing, and its movements, however vicious, were slowing down. Its strength was seeping out from that hole in its neck, too, but the beast did not know the wound was fatal. If it could kill him, it believed it could still live.

The sun was entirely gone, now. The storm had overtaken the house, and there was no hope of light in sight. The day was gone, and wind was terrible. The two of them, locked in a battle to the death in the corner, were not even provided the harshness of a lightning flash as lumination; no, this contest would be finished in blind darkness, experienced only through pain, exertion, and fear.

Messages In This Thread