a one man's soul [J.]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... leboat.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

ooc -

I'm guessing he is shifted right now? ^^;

ic -

His eyes lifted to the man's face with the booming voice, and already Vigilante was having doubts. The man spoke like a leader, and said he was the leader, and though Vigilante was not a good judge of such things, he did not look like any leader the mutt had seen before. Beggars, and cripples? Well, he didn't think he was much of either, although he supposed he was, technically, begging for a home and a normal life. But I'm better than that, he thought, the idea upsetting. I'm not a beggar. Clearing his throat, the mutt nodded slowly. "Hello, Jacquez Trouillefou. I do apologize for waking you so early, but I thought it a better, and more appropriate, idea than to stand at your borders for hours." Again, he looked up at the sky, where the sun was only beginning to poke through the nighttime clouds. Yes, it was rather early for anyone to have to be awake.

He was silent for a moment, trying to consider what he should say. "My name is Vigilante Haskel, and I'm hoping to join this pack. . . Is it normal, without ridiculous legends and elders who instruct you to do things you are loathe to do? Are you able to hold ranks and have a family, without fearing what will come next?" he inquired, his words eager, almost the opposite of what he had thought before about not being a beggar. There was no logical reason that he would be turned away from this Cours des Miracles, as Jacquez had so called it. Vigilante was an able-bodied man, young and not dependant. He could take care of himself, and then some, and knew he would do his best to help his future pack. He would do anything - anything possible in this wretched world - to make up for what he had done in the past, to try and make it right. Anything, that is, but go back.

He coughed, feeling as though he shouldn't have said what he had with such feeling. "I apologize for my outburst. It's been a long few months that I've just wanted a normal pack and a normal life. Will I. . . Find that here?" It was not certain, but he did so hope, so very much. His muddy gaze settled on the tall man's face, and for the first time since Jacquez arrived, Vigilante felt a little foolish for not having shifted before arriving. He was more than comfortable in either form, but he knew there were normal wolves all around - those being the ones unfortunate enough to not be able to shift - so he had been wary of what kind he would be coming upon. Evidently, the ones in this area (or at least one) were like him.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread