a one man's soul [J.]
[html]
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... table1.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

"I am the king! What I say is law, and I say that I am never going to order you to go against your will. What sort of royalty would I be if I did such a thing? Monsieur Haskel, once you have lived here for some time and grown comfortable with our laid-back lives, you can choose to take a job, one that suits you. But it is entirely up to you." His loud voice reverberated in the still air between them, bold with its conviction. He was a creature that did not know the meaning of doubt. Thankfully, his charismatic airs and playful disposition made him a generally beloved leader, rather than a tyrannical despot. He was not the only leader, though - he was joined then by his Constable, the rough youth that shared a measure of his power.

"Well, it's early," he grumbled under his breath, never surprised by the impromptu visits of his second-in-command. She was learning how to find him faster than Ruri had - ah, sightless women and their charms. Although to be fair, Svara just had poor vision, she wasn't fully blind. "I wouldn't expect you to be seeking me at this hour." He raised an eyebrow, dark eyes glancing curiously at the battered face. She was more bitter than usual - she hadn't even mocked the newcomer yet, as was her habit. What did she want him for? So far, single life didn't seem to be suiting her very well... He reached out his hand to ruffle her shaggy red mane, knowing that it would bother her to be touched without permission, before returning his easily-diverted attention back to Vigilante.

The collie-dog returned the smile, pleased by how the meeting had transpired. "I don't care where you came from or what you can do - as long as you'll pledge allegiance to us, to me, and you have no intentions of hurting or betraying your packmates, you're in." He drew himself up proudly, plumed tail waving a lazy rhythm. He had gained another ally, a powerful one at that. Today would be a good day.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread