everybody's after love
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_columbus.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
    Much of Kaena still lived in the past. There was not a day that went by where thoughts of old friends, lovers, and long lost souls did not come creeping into her head. She did not think too distantly in the future—rather, she realized her time on this earth was likely not going to last terribly long. She had never had much of any sense of the future—she was very much a retrospective creature. The girl mentioned her name, and Kaena gave her a strange look, her head cocking to the side. The youth did not appear to be the spawn of Gabriel—her name hadn't inspired anything other than a connection to Inferni.

"A de le Poer?" she inquired, too curious to resist prying at the girl. The silver hybrid considered that Valkyrie could be Ahren's child for a moment, perhaps by a coyote—she did not realize the vastness of the de le Poer family beyond the small clique of them that had settled in 'Souls. Even so, just the surname made them a strange sort of relative—she was blood relative to Ahren's children, which were her children. She was happy—even if they weren't exactly relatives, it was close enough. It was a form of family. The hybrid grinned again at the child.

"I went to the old territory, the burned one where we lived before, and I found nothing, so I waited," she said, thinking fondly of the last few days spent on the old Inferni coast. The pickings were sparser than when the forest was green and everything living hadn't been burned to ash, but still—it was Inferni's old beach, the old home—and for just a few days, it was hers again. "After a while, I smelled a very distant smell of canine, and I followed it here." Her scarred face turned back to the gold and black youth, and she nodded at her. "And you? You were born here?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread