everybody's after love
[html]
No worries, we can plot a more updated one soon. You can post again after this if you'd like, but I left it at a good ending point, if you want. :3 Or we could post a few more times of them heading home, whatever you'd like. Big Grin

Though the younger coyote was surely not nearing adulthood, she had that quiet reservedness of a canine beyond her years. The grizzled woman appreciated that, though it was puppyish excitement and sweet innocence which Kaena truly adored in children. Still, Valkyrie was not so young that she should still be trapped in such a phase; certainly, she had at least four months to her life, and that was time enough to experience severe difficulty in life. Kaena knew that better than anyone, having experienced it herself. The scarred woman nodded. "In the fall, we will be seven years old," she responded, nodding again as if to confirm the fact to herself. Seven summers had passed since Inferni had been created, and the coyote hybrid had already experienced two summers before that.

The golden canine before Kaena asked another question, one that resonated within her and gave her momentary pause, her golden eye searching the fast-darkening sky for a moment before she answered. "I guess you could say it was family business." The coyote did not know how well-versed Valkyrie was in the hard world, but it would do her no good to soften the eventual blow. She might as well know the world as it really was. "One of my former mates returned to me, only to take my daughter. I followed," she said. Astaroth had hardly been her mate—more like a lover, if anything. Still, it didn't do to use phrases like "one night stand" around the young. The situation sounded very simple, all laid out like that—but in truth, it had not been.

The hybrid smiled, climbing to her feet. "It's getting late. Do you live in the caves, too? We could walk together," she offered. Valkyrie wasn't quite old enough to take care of herself yet, though there was little danger from wandering around in Inferni's territory, even at night. If the youngster preferred to remain here, Kaena would likely move on—a trek around the border sounded good before she retired for the remainder of the evening.
Table by Mel
[/html]

Messages In This Thread