picking up the pieces to make ends meet.
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_disorder.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
Slight powerplay. I didn't think you'd mind, though, but if you do, plz2b kickin' me. XD And OMG I'm such an ass, I'm so sorry for the wait. I swear I thought I'd replied to this, but now I remember that I didn't, I only half-typed it and went to sleep midway through. xD SORRYILUVYOU.

The coyote had never been much of a believer in fate. She had drifted around and through life without a purpose or a plan, discovering—perhaps too late—that she was meant to foster her blood, to create a new breed of hybrid canine unlike any of its ancestors, vicious and merciless. Inferni was not the weakly connected coyote clan it had once been; the Lykoi blood sang in its veins as surely as it did her own, their histories intertwined and woven around each other. It was something much different now, and though they identified as coyotes, they surely were not purebred anymore.

Still, something had brought her here—if it was not the fingers of fate, spinning their endless web, it was the city itself. Still, years and years after the humans who left its relics died, the city bred life. Here it was, fiery and wonderful in her arms, and it was all Kaena could do to keep from throwing her head back to the sky and screaming, yowling, and howling all at the same time—joy flared in her, bright and feverish elation spreading like a flood through her, exploding in her heart and reaching to her every extremity.

The Lykoi shook her head, just as mystified as the woman before her. "I don't know," she lamented. How could she have touched this woman with intent to hurt, with intent to kill, even? She was unlike anything Kaena had ever encountered before, an anomaly, a unique thing in the world. The coyote had not expected her, but something in Kaena had always known they would find each other again. If not, she would have died expecting Fatin at any moment. Again, the soft tones rang out, but before Kaena could respond, there was a kiss, and the Lykoi melted into it as much as her russet counterpart.

When it was over, the Lykoi shook her head, sighing softly and giving Fatin a long, mysterious look. Like a devil possessed, the Lykoi lifted the red wolf from the ground and spun her around once, laughing all the while. She placed the cinnamon she-wolf gently back down and hugged her tight again, filled suddenly with an aching sense of longing. The red wolf did not smell distinctly of any pack, and Kaena wondered if Jaded Shadows had survived the trek over the mountains, only to crumble when it settled here, or if it had perished before the fire. The Lykoi was not glad for that; the pack had been Fatin's home, filled with her friends and family, and it was gone. But there was one less thing standing in the way of a relationship now, and Kaena's yellow-gold eye roved Fatin's face, alive with fire.

"I love you," she said suddenly, wishing to shout it from the highest vantage point she could find, wanting to sing it to the moon and her children and the whole world. The coyote's scarred face pressed into the cinnamon hair again, inhaling that sweet, unmistakable aroma again. "And I won't ever stop," she murmured into the scarlet curls, her fingers threading through the woman's thick hair and pulling gently through, stopping at the slightest hint of a knot, not wishing to hurt the red wolf.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread