Walking like a one-man army
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... table_.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

He felt very uncomfortable. He hated seeing her like this, hated that the first time he should really look at her in so long should bring her to him in such a strange state. And she was down here in the basement, all alone. Something had definitely changed about her, and he hated seeing it. She didn't appear to be the strong, happy leader she once had been. Kansas was well aware that a great deal had happened to her in the past year, probably even more than he knew about. He felt a twinge of guilt. She had once been his best friend, and he'd paid no attention to her.

Her words belied whatever condition she was in. She spoke in a strange, happy voice. It confused him. How could she look ill, and have a need for a needle, and still seem so happy? Kansas stepped a bit closer, warily remaining a few feet away from the syringe on the floor. He didn't know what to say to her. He wanted to help her with... whatever it was she was doing. But he didn't know how. "Good... I've been good. I'm... I'm glad you're feeling... better." He tried to say this casually, but he couldn't keep the anxiety out of his voice. "Nani, I... What is that?" He flicked his snout in the direction of the syringe, his eyes gentle but worried, wavering uncertainly from the floor and back to her pale face.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread