Walking like a one-man army
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... table_.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

He raised a brow involuntarily when she explained about the "juice." Although he nodded, it seemed to him that anything you'd inject with a needle should be bad. It was too involved and violent a way to get the stuff into your system to be any good. And something else about her had changed; it was just her general air that made him uneasy. Perhaps she was just upset about not knowing where her children were, as she had mentioned. He hadn't been aware of that. He knew Mati and Brooklyn were still around, but he wasn't certain about the two boys. "Okay... I can understand that," he said lamely.

The idea of using the liquid on himself was repulsive, though in that instant, he had no clue why he felt that way—if it was as harmless as she said it was. Perhaps because he'd promised Savina he wouldn't drink, and whatever this was seemed to have the same effect as alcohol. And then it dawned on him—this was exactly why he felt an aversion to it. It was like alcohol. Naniko wasn't acting drunk; she was livelier. But she was using a substance that affected her personality. "No, thank you. I'm good." His baby blues were still full of concern, but he relaxed enough to sit down a bit closer to her. "What's it called?" he asked, suddenly feeling that the conversational nature of the question was absurd.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread