Walking like a one-man army
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... table_.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She did seem so... happy. Terrible things had happened to the girl in the past year. Maybe they were still tangled up inside her more tightly than he had thought. She deserved to be happy, he just wished she could find a way without using. In the stories he read, drugs lead to nothing but pain and regret, and Naniko didn't need any more of that. He didn't want to see that happen to her. He just thought she'd been okay lately: she had her mate, Anu, as far as he was aware. Everyone in the pack loved and respected her. Why did she feel like she needed substances?

"Cocaine." he repeated. The word felt harsh on his tongue. "Okay," he added with a melancholy note to his voice. He had heard of both heroin and cocaine, but he didn't know how they were used or what their effects were, other than what he saw now. The chipper tone of her voice, the nickname she called him so affectionately... it about broke his heart. He didn't know why. Perhaps it was the sick feeling in his stomach, the unexplained dread he felt toward what Nani was doing. "Ah, everything's... good. I feel good. My kids are doing fine, and Savina seems to be happy." His eyes fell to the floor, searching for some common ground, something to take them away from the reality of the current circumstance. "Still sad about Mom, though." A risky route to take.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread