i am the bones you couldn't break, break, BREAK.
[html]

Sorry for the wait on this! :]

Ryan had come to Inferni four months after the fire had ravished their old lands. She had come to learn of the fire through others' recollections of it, though this area had always been Inferni to her. It was strange for her to hear that Kaena, the woman before her, had been one of the founders of the clan that Ryan held so dear. And to think, she had been around when the clan had banded together on the other side of Halcyon. Ryan had always just thought of Gabriel as Inferni’s one and only Aquila. "Oh, wow," Ryan breathed, startled by this confession. She suddenly began to look at the woman in a new light.

She trailed after her, her eyes catching the gleam of the bone as the sunlight danced on it. "Your son?" She automatically replied, now turning her gaze back onto Kaena. She didn’t see much resemblance, but that of course didn’t mean it wasn’t true. In fact, she was amazed. Ryan had always had a great amount of respect for the Aquila, and she could picture herself developing similar feelings for the great woman next to her. "Wow, I didn’t even realize," a soft laugh escaping her lips.

"I’ve been here for almost a year now." Wow, had it really been that long? It was strange to think back to last fall when she had first discovered her father in Inferni and had finally found herself a home. And now here she was, with a daughter and leading alongside Gabriel. "Last fall I came and found my father, Anselm, here. And I’ve been here ever since," she told her, as she moved over to the spot Kaena gestured to be their garden for planting the skull. "Looks perfect," and she moved to the other side of her companion to survey the area. "How far down does it have to go?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread