i am the bones you couldn't break, break, BREAK.
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_disorder.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
    The silvery canine was quite happy to be adding to Inferni's decor. There were many different types of bones adorning their borders, but the coyote woman did not believe she'd seen any human skulls. Then again, she supposed finding one that wasn't already decayed to dust and nothing was hard enough. The other coyote began to dig, and the hybrid helped where she could, stretching a paw to scoop some dirt when Ryan was putting it to the side. Generally, though, Kaena tried to stay out of the other canine's way while she was digging the hole. The mahogany-furred woman spoke, and her grizzled accomplice nodded, stepping forward to place the stick in the hole. She held it upright and as still as possible, pushing at the dirt with one of her feet to begin filling in the hole.

The hybrid woman smiled. It was a familiar question, and one she'd settled before she'd even returned. "Yes," she responded at first, simply. The hybrid had been reaccepted and ranked into Inferni again; there was no chance of her wandering anywhere else. If so, she was destined to die—the coyote woman was far too old to survive on her own again in the open wilderness. "I'm not going anywhere. No reason to, and I wouldn't make it out there again, I don't think," she said, shrugging. It was a natural fact of life—aging was as unavoidable as death.

Back then, the silvery coyote could have no more turned her back on Eris than she could have her other young children—and at least with Arkham, Andrezej, and Rachias, Kaena had known they would be relatively safe in Inferni, raised with their older half-brother. Eris, on the other hand, had been taken by a madman, and there was no guaranteeing her survival and safety. "When I left last time, it wasn't really my choice... well, no, it was. But I had to go, you know?" the hybrid said, hoping she would understand. The coyote did not mind elaborating on her story, but neither did she wish to bore anyone with the inane details of it. Were Ryan to ask a question, Kaena would have gladly answered—but for voluntarily divulging information, the Veritas was typically content to just share the skeletal frame of the story.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread