home is where family is
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... /hoban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
500+

Accusations flew, most directed at him for supposedly abusing Noir’s precious baby duck, when he hadn’t done anything worthy of such allegations! Although it had briefly crossed his mind to wring the creature’s neck, he wouldn’t have done so. Because in spite of his personal annoyance with the stupid thing, he did not want to hurt his niece. But apparently, his good intentions just weren't enough to make her happy. It seemed as though no matter what he did, or how hard he tried to make things better, negative results always ensued. It had hurt quite a bit when she’d claimed that he would have killed the wobbly bird. Things were always so complicated! First he’d saved her from a dangerous snake and instead of getting proper thanks; she’d served him a tantrum on a silver platter.

He knew now, as was the case with everyone else, that he was unimportant. His opinions never mattered! Oh, this was a cruel world indeed. Noir’s sobbing both saddened and frightened him; he did not like it when she cried, and he did not like it when Tayui scolded him (which would undoubtedly happen, given the current situation). Little did Noir know, his sister had scolded him for calling her a penguin. The Québécois blinked back a few tears when Dawali intervened before things escalated any further. His voice had lost the friendly tones projected earlier, but it wasn't harsh either. He spoke firmly, just enough for Honoré to keep his mouth shut until he was finally spoken to. The things he told Noir were very true; she mattered to him more than anything in the world! Even more than ketchup.

The Frenchman would’ve stated so himself but it wasn’t in his nature to reveal such things. He teased and unfortunately, often annoyed those he loved and appreciated. His body might’ve belonged to a six-year-old male, but in all reality, his heart and soul were up to par with little Noir’s. Perhaps that is why he was so fond of her. Honoré didn’t quite understand when the feather-bearing male explained that he felt bad. A headache, maybe. Who could blame him? Those who were brave enough to spend time with him often got one, too. So instead of reassuring him, of telling Dawali that none of this was his fault, both of his ears flattened against his skull. “Sorry.” He would do his best not to make him feel bad anymore.

“I’m left Phoenix Valley because the Mad Scientist there eats mine bird friends. Like chomp chomp.” he started, demonstrating exactly what chomping meant by opening his mouth exaggeratedly and clamping his jaws shut. What he‘d meant to say was that DaVinci, Phoenix Valley’s Savant (although this was no longer the case), had tried to eat his friends, the yellow chickadees. Then, using his index finger to designate his niece, he explained that he’d come all the way to Aniwaya to be with her. “Then I’m left there, I travel a lot. And get lost. But then met Cambodia who save my life, and she pointed in Noir’s direction. And I’m come here, because Noir is the best niece and I wanted to stay with her, just maybe.” he admitted, knowing full well that his niece would not accept him now.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread