the moon is not your mother.
[html]
OOC: Finally back from absence, sorry for the delay and all. I'll make sure Brook hides her last name, too XD 300+

The girl kept on running, the wind howling in her ears as she desperately tried not to think about what she was doing. Brooklyn couldn't really believe herself, the way her heart kept pumping at the thought of seeing the other wolf. She still refused to think of him as a coyote, because that meant they had to hate each other, he of Inferni and she of Crimson Dreams. She couldn't handle that, at all. The thought that a friendship could be broken or indeed prevented from happening was ludicrous and something she would not take just lying down, oh no. The storms wheeled overhead and she stopped for a moment, just to admire the thickening clouds.

It was then that the voice of the other reached her ears and pierced into her heart. Brooklyn turned around to look at the stranger and the sight frightened her. The woman was older, much older than her and scarred in ways she had never seen anyone be scarred. The way she held herself told the girl that this was not a newcomer, that she had either been here before, had grown up in the area or was so secure in her power that she needed no confirmation from others. Her voice was strong and determined, but Brooklyn would not be daunted. She had done nothing wrong, whatever her future intentions might be. For the moment, she would hold her own and see what happened.

"Yes?" She hastily threw the bangs out of her eyes, to give herself a better view of the female. "I was going to see my friend," she jerked her head over to Inferni, "over there. Can I go now?" A note of arrogance had slipped into her voice, but Brooklyn chose to ignore it, confident in the neutrality of the lands.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread