the moon is not your mother.
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/ ... tblood.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:248px; padding-left:25px; padding-right:25px; padding-bottom:10px;">
Welcome back. Big Grin I don't think they should end up straight-up fighting, since I wouldn't want to cause too much drama for Brooklyn and Gael, yanno? XD Unless you want it. ;D But we'll see what's going on, agreed!

Kaena could certainly understand love between a coyote and a wolf; she had it happen to her at least twice with full-blooded wolves, and once with a coyote hybrid who'd chosen life as a wolf. The grizzled woman herself had known the thrill of loving the forbidden, the other side which they were supposed to hate and kill just for their blood and their heritage. She had actually never met Gael, so dropping his name would have been relatively useless, though she was aware of a few presences in the clan which were unfamiliar to her. Still, the woman did not like the smart answer, and it was surely visible as he features twisted into a snarl, half-listening to the pearly wolf's next words as the rage in the Veritas's chest brewed.

It was a brief show of anger, the snarl twisting her scars and knotting her muzzle disappearing after only a few moments, though there was still obvious irritation on the monochrome coyote's features. "Because if you don't, you aren't seeing him tonight," the coyote responded, her words short and condescending, as if she was speaking to a child. Her tail flickered in annoyance; perhaps she would have been willing to call whoever was the friend of this female prior to that answer so the two could meet (outside of Inferni, of course) but now that possibility was dwindling. "Oh yeah? If you were so respectful, you'd surely understand I'm trying to protect my people," she answered, surly voice now rather indignant. Both of them were opposite sides of the same coin; while there were only two children amongst Inferni's ranks and neither was Kaena's blood relative, there was still that maternal instinct to protect them—and the other members of the clan—at all costs.

No, Brooklyn didn't look particularly dangerous. Hell, Kaena was sure that a nip to her rear would send the pearly she-wolf scrambling for her life, but still. Danger wasn't always blatant and presented as it was within her. Anselm was evidence enough of that. He could have easily passed for full-blooded wolf if he chose to disguise the scent of Inferni from his pelt, and in time even that familiar badge would have faded, allowing the russet-gold hybrid to flit openly amongst the wolves, slowly and surreptitiously gathering information. Nonthreatening as Brooklyn appeared to be, the gray hybrid took no chances, and sneered at her. "Yeah, those are meant to keep people out," she said, her voice growing caustic.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread