the moon is not your mother.
[html]
OOC: Please forgive me for the delay. Gael's gone now (;_Wink though I believe that ICly it hasn't happened yet. I'd say we let it go on another few rounds. Brooklyn certainly wouldn't attack Kaena (also, haha, she earns her "lose a fight" skull XD) 400+

Brooklyn was used to getting her own way. She'd had very little confrontation to deal with, especially considering how much her mothers had accompanied her in her formative months. Now, though, she was reaching adulthood and any fights she got into would be her own. Her feelings on Gael were still sketchy, her encounter with the Darkness made wolf still a fresh thing in her mind. She liked the wolf, refusing to believe he was a coyote. She herself was part coyote, though her father was someone she never wished to talk about. She wondered if the hybrid would even accept her into Inferni, assuming she ever went with Gael. It tore her apart and Brooklyn didn't even realise that maybe, just maybe, she was falling in love with the wolf.

"Are you jealous?" The words were out before she knew what she was saying and the snarl from the older female made her own hackles rise dangerously. She was no puppy, being told to stay away from the lake or they drown! She was not a child, to be scolded by a stranger. She was Brooklyn, daughter of the leaders of Crimson Dreams and she would not take such abuse from anyone, least of all someone like the hybrid before her. "Protection I understand. You can smell another pack on me, can't you?" the girl retorted, her voice growing testy. "What could I do to harm your kin? I come alone, unarmed. There is no one hiding in the bushes to help me. Look, I understand your position on this, I would protect my family to the death, but what threat am I to the strength of your clan?" She was shrewd, Brooklyn D'Angelo was. She knew, from rumours and stories, of the pride the Inferni coyotes carried themselves with and now, face to face with one of them, she could see why. They were strong, ruthless, blood-thirsty, the stuff of nightmares.

For the first time in her life, Brooklyn questioned why the coyotes hated the wolves so much. Had they suffered that badly? If she did indeed love Gael, why should they be separated because he was coyote and she was not? Why should their love suffer for the sake of blood vengeance? She looked once more upon the skulls. Though she hid it, the fear was certainly present. The words of the grey female reached her ears and she couldn't help but notice the tone of voice. Rounding on she who was keeping her from Gael, Brooklyn snarled and replied, "It's a wonder you don't run out of members, the way you welcome them. No wonder the wolves hate you," she added, pointing an accusatory finger at the female's chest, "when you do nothing to try and find peace."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread