Don't tell me what tomorrow brings
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... w2copy.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

He hadn't lied, had he? Jefferson had an honest mentality, even if all his words and thoughts were shrouded in sarcasm and dripping of suspicion and pessimism. The brute did not lie easily; he lied when it was to protect someone, but even then his lies were small and paralleled the truth. Perhaps she did what many did with him, misinterpreting carefully chosen words as lies or deceit although such things were rare. His tomfoolery in tricking the straitlaced Cwmfen was a once-in-a-blue-moon ordeal.

When had Miriette decided he'd lied? The two had barely any interaction. He guessed it had something to do with Addison; Jefferson had seen the color of his yearling daughter's eyes darken with disgust when the cyclops had scooped up Addison in his arms like the unknowing father he was. But... Miriette hated him. Why would she care if he'd lied? "I never lied," he said stolidly. "I've been confused, but I never lied."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread