by far, the ultimate star
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... etable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:400px; border:1px #0069B3 solid; font-size: 10px;">

ooc -

You can have Tokyo do it in the next post. And I'm gonna have Princess mention Colibri, and maybe Tokyo can question, leading to the sleep over offer, so drama? =D WotD: Caveat. 510 words.

ic -

Princess looked down at her spotted dress, momentarily shocked that she had not told Tokyo about finding the dress the first time she had gone to Halifax, and returning to retrieve it after she had first shifted, before meeting Colibri. Perhaps she had kept quiet about it because she was technically supposed to stay in the pack lands, and she had disobeyed that rule - even though that rule had been put in place by Alexey and not her own mother. “I found it one time that I went exploring,” she said, cleverly leaving out any mention of where she had gone exploring. It really wasn’t necessary to get in trouble for that excursion a second time, now was it? Alexey had issued a strong caveat in saying she would tell the girl’s mother, and Princess was still afraid of getting in trouble for it now. It most definitely wouldn‘t be worth it, and she didn‘t want to do anything to jeopardize the great day she was going to have, spending time with her mother.

Thinking back on it, Princess didn‘t remember if she had even told her mother about her first time shifting. She surely had not mentioned her meeting with Colibri before, but then, the girl did not often tell her mother about encounters with others, Dahlia members or not. She didn‘t think her mother would be angry that she had made friends, but she knew to be quiet about Catalyst, since she had told Cat far too much about her mother, and she would have been in terrible trouble if Tokyo knew what she had told the little white puppy. “After I first shifted, I remembered it, so I went back for it. Colibri said it was pretty. What do you think of it? I don’t think it belonged to anyone else,” she added, although she wasn’t sure. Maybe putting it like that would lead any suspicion away from her having left Dahlia lands.

Following her mother dutifully into the strange building, which she was a little afraid of because it looked just about ready to fall in on them, Princess peered around her in awe. This was very different from the house she had explored with Hemming, near the water (or lack there of, since it was low tide when they were there). She sneezed loudly, unintentionally repeating her mother’s action of breathing in the thick dust. The smell was weird here, unpleasant, and she wrinkled her nose in response, pressing her tongue against the roof of her mouth in hopes of quelling the stench of the rotting whatever-it-was. “What do you think we’ll find in here, Momma?” It didn’t look like there was much around for clothing, although the drapes hanging in the windows could probably be used to make something, if either of them knew how to make clothes. She didn’t know how, and she doubted Tokyo did, either. Shuffling down the hall, Princess peered in the open doors, pushing others open for inspection. Still no visible clothing, as far as she could tell.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread