right back over the edge.
[html]

Cool table!

It was somewhat debatable whether Anselm's loyalties lay with Inferni itself or simply Gabriel (and now Ryan). In his mind, Gabriel and the clan were linked so strongly that they may well have been synonymous, so the issue was a moot point. But what would have happened if he'd returned and both his cousin and his daughter were gone? Other than the leadership, he didn't know anybody else in the clan particularly well. Would he still have joined, or would he have wondered off somewhere else?
Hypothetically he could pass for a wolf and join about any pack he wanted--but that would never happen. For the most part, nobody here gave a fuck what he did and nobody was obnoxiously stupid--both things the stubborn wolf could appreciate. Furthermore, the leadership was competent. Anselm wouldn't be able to tolerate an inept leader for very long--he certainly wouldn't submit to them, but at the same time he certainly didn't want to kill them and lead the rest of the morons that had followed the first guy, either. That said, it was pretty much all Inferni or nothing. If Gabe and Ryan were missing, but still alive, he'd probably go to find them. If they were gone for good, it was kind of a 50/50 situation.
For now, though, they were here to stay. Between himself, Gabriel, and Kaena alone they'd over a dozen years of tactical and combat experience. They also had over a dozen adult members. Though the skies were cloudy this day, the sun certainly shone on Inferni. They could both feel it, and he nodded at her response. "About the same for me. I lived in these lands before the fire back at your old place," he explained. "It used to be deserted all throughout this region, which was nice. But when Gabriel showed up with Inferni knocking at the door, I wasn't complaining either." If the fire and the subsequent displacement of the old packs had to happen, Anselm was glad that Inferni had settled here and nobody else.
"Anyway, it helped that I already knew the lay of the land. We were pretty efficient at detecting intruders and keeping tabs on the other packs since I knew all the back ways to get anywhere." A pause. "Now that my scent is neutral, it's about time for me to do the same again. But that can wait until tomorrow." He shrugged, then considered the question implied in her statement about his heritage. "Yes. I call us cousins, but I don't think that's technically correct." Anselm was always bad at terminology for relatives--he hadn't seen most of his growing up and he really didn't care. "We share the same great-grandfather." Maybe she knew what that was called.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread