right back over the edge.
[html]
In Character
    The hybrid knew pitifully little about the surrounding packs, a massive swing from her days as Aquila on the old territories, when she could have told Anselm exactly where each territory was and perhaps half of the leadership of the land. Then again, she was older and no longer the Aquila—rather fittingly, Kaena held the Veritas rank. She was rather proud of it, too—she had been a part of Inferni long before they occupied these territories and she had sporadically been a part of the clan since its beginning.

She nodded at the mention of Dahlia de Mai—Gabriel had told her what happened between the two groups, but not in detail. "Gabriel told me a little about what happened between us and Dahlia, but he spared most of the details," she said. "But he did say they're not hostile till they make it so," the hybrid added, shrugging her raven shoulders. They were a big pack, anyway, and Phoenix Valley did seem like the bigger priority, with her most recent tussle still fresh on her mind and in the bruises she wore.

"Definitely a hybrid. Steely gray fur, couple of piercings. DaVinci," she said, recalling only the child's first name from their original meeting on the beach. The rest of it had been long and unnecessarily complicated—far too many syllables and words for the Lykoi to recall so long after their first encounter. "I met the Cour's king, yeah—he was young, and he's a dog," she said, though her voice was not derisive, merely incredulous. It seemed impossible to her that a formerly domesticated creature could hold the reigns of a pack.

Dog blood flowed in her veins, though she was only a quarter canis familiaris and both her coyote and wolf instincts far outweighed whatever meager whine the dog might produce. The grizzled hybrid shook her head at his next question. "They're to the south, past the city somewhere. I dunno where exactly 'cause I didn't pass too close by, but I'm sure it won't be too tough to find," the coyote said confidently. There were bound to be clear scent trails from Cour des Miracles from Halifax, and she was certain Anselm knew that.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread