right back over the edge.
[html]
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s304 ... wicked.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-bottom:185px; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#000000; text-align:justify; font-family:tahoma; font-size:11px; color:#C2A52C; line-height:16px">

------It was hard to imagine something as constant and unwavering as Inferni almost falling to ruin, though he supposed these things did happen. Hell, if they pissed off enough people, they'd probably have little issue attracting enough enemies to stamp them out for good. They had terror and reputation on their side--that and they had everything to lose, so they could fight with fervour and voracity. But all of the mind games in the world would matter little if the wolves formed alliances and found the balls to just go after them. It was a delicate balance, a careful game the coyotes and hybrids played: just enough mayhem to keep their prosecutors at bay and in fear, but nothing too extreme lest they inspire desperation and subsequent revolt. He shared Kae's sentiments when it came to keeping up a powerful defence--otherwise they did best to keep their hands as clean as possible.

------
"What happened? I can't say I know much of Inferni's first chapters of history--all I've got to go on is rumour and legend," he said with a grin. This simple line spoke volumes alone, but he wondered if there weren't more details he was missing out on. He'd never really talked about the past with Gabriel. The cousins were much more inclined to live in the present, and in some ways it seemed like neither preferred to dwell upon the past. Regardless, he recognised this as a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to discover the true origins of the clan. As a loyal member, it only made sense to know some of their earlier history.

------"Hmm; sometimes I have to wonder if we all came from chaos. Where I grew up was no walk through the park, either. There was only one river in the area, and about three or four packs which fought over it constantly. It was also the only place that attracted larger game," he said with a shrug. There was no personal or emotional turmoil here, but things were just plain difficult. "Even with keeping the kids in the deepest parts of the territory and as defended as possible, it wasn't unusual to lose over three quarters within the first year. It was easier to take out your competition that way, and by the time you were five months they already expected you to be doing your part taking out the neighbours' kids." That was how he'd gotten started--practising on the easiest targets and working his way up.
------"I honestly don't remember how long I stayed, but once I left I didn't really look back. I lived by myself for awhile until I found Inferni... or rather until Inferni found me." He gazed off across their territory before returning his attention to her. He didn't believe in fate or destiny (he made his own future, for better or for worse), but it was damn convenient that the only group with which he'd ever belong had been practically delivered to his doorstep. "Anyway, sometimes something, someone, some place... it just fits," he resolved. Where he was locked off from the rest of the world, Inferni held the only key. He could never settle anywhere else and he knew it (his recent exploits searching for any children and trying to exist as a guest in their packs had only confirmed this).
[/html]

Messages In This Thread