and even though you fool your souls
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... otable.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She had never expected to have to explain the powder to anyone, what it did or why she used it. It was her business anyway. It wasn't her fault that the kid had been in her stuff...though yeah, she probably should have put it somewhere safer. She usually did, too. She was usually safe about it. But lately things had been slipping away from her, things she would have normally done or said she no longer did. She hadn't been around her family much, had been going to the city to look for more powder frequently, and had been hanging around other addicted wolves. Sabeen had become a good friend of hers, in fact. She understood Naniko. These wolves didn't seem to any more.

"Well I obviously didn't mean for it to happen--I thought you would know that, Savina." She was sorry that the pup had gotten into the stuff, but didn't think that it would hurt her too much. It had never hurt Naniko, after all, only made her feel good. But...well, maybe it could hurt the pup. With her size, it might not have the same effect as it would have on an adult.

She swallowed at the question from Anu, frowning. They were teaming up against her, that was what this was. "So what if I am? It's my life. Usually I keep the shit in a safe place, but I left my bag out today. It was an accident. I have all kinds of dangerous stuff--the herbs I work with are dangerous themselves. And sometimes I carry knives or other weapons around." She pointed her words toward Savina now, anger beginning to build. How dare she suggest that Naniko didn't know how to be a mother! "You should have taught your children to respect the belongings of others." She growled. "Who's the bad mother here? You should have been watching her. I taught my pups not to touch things that didn't belong to them."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread