i could never forget what it's like.
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/ ... tblood.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:248px; padding-left:25px; padding-right:25px; padding-bottom:10px;">
Nooo worries.

Her son's train of thought surprised her. She had often thought Molochai would have been one of the first to have children—but even her newest child, Rachias, had puppies of her own, though Kaena knew nothing other than their existence. She longed to meet them, and she wondered how old they were and who they took after. A reassuring smile crossed her sable lips, and she scratched Molochai on his neck gently. "You will be a wonderful father," she said, excited already for grandchildren that weren't even a certainty. Her golden son had dutifully cared for her children, and when he found a woman and made some of his own, Kaena would be certain to return the favor as often as she could. Certainly, whatever brood Molochai raised, he would not do so alone. Kaena would make sure of that.

Kaena's eye followed her son's gaze, drawn to the purple-black of the night sky. It twinkled with millions of tiny stars, some of them dim and distant and others flaring and close, and the waning moon shoe brightly, though she was half-eaten by the shadow of the earth. The Lykoi matron's sable ears turned to Molochai as he spoke, and she nodded, eager to share her knowledge with Molochai. He was in much the same predicament she'd been in upon her arrival—she hadn't known even so much as a single pack's name. The woman thought she ought to save her son a lot of trouble and introduce the packs—the ones she knew, anyway—and of course, fill him in on the mounting tension between Inferni and Phoenix Valley.

"Our closest neighbors are our worst enemies, it seems," she said, speaking of the two wolf packs which were the closest to their borders. Gabriel had filled her in on Inferni's past with Dahlia de Mai, and she had personal experience with a member of Phoenix Valley. "Dahlia de Mai is pretty close to us, and Gabriel waged war on them. We're not engaged at the moment but I sure wouldn't call them friendly." There was a pause as she considered Phoenix Valley. She wasn't aware of much happening in the broader sense, but she had a pretty close encounter of her own. "Phoenix Valley is even closer, and bigger. I guess they're our priority for right now," she added.

The coyote sighed and withdrew her arm from Molochai, though she remained very close to him, her arm brushing against his shoulder occasionally. "I fought one of them a few days ago, the same kid I had chased from Inferni a long time back," she said, hesitant to tell him she wasn't allowing her age to hinder her tendencies for violence and malevolence. She knew Molochai would disapprove, but she grinned anyway, showing bravado. "There's also Crimson Dreams and Cour des Miracles and one more pack I don't know at all. They're farther away and I wouldn't consider 'em too much of a threat," she said, though she didn't know for certain about any of them—in truth, all she really knew was that there was tension between Phoenix Valley and Inferni, and that several different faces had indicated to her that they were the priority.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread